Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dorado Fishing in San Pedro - A girl's first experience of fishing in Belize


!±8± Dorado Fishing in San Pedro - A girl's first experience of fishing in Belize

Recently my brother came to visit me in Belize from Oregon. We had a jam packed couple of weeks just to explore the northern regions of Corozal, Chetumal, San Pedro and Caye Caulker. While he was here, I saw my first fishing trip of the first seas of San Pedro. Since Oregon is a very popular fishing the last time, but I've never lived. One of our friends here loves to go deep sea fishing and so we decided to go fishing with him. I've been in manyBoats, but never in the deep waters of the ocean and I was a bit 'worried about the trip - I was not sure if I get seasick, or even how the experience - but I was game so we went by boat. The plan was beyond the reef just off San Pedro to go and frigates. Obviously, if Dorado fishing (which is what we are with the target), these birds are very important. They feed on the bait fish that are eating the Dorado, as if the birds to find a school of these littleFish flying around to dive for their dinner while the Dorado are usually also chasing the fish from the sea - the bait I left with the worst luck here. In any case, the mission was to find the birds. The first day we went out we did not get an early start, in the face, we only went for the afternoon. We watch from the pier at 11. The Captain (Captain J.) was a bit 'nervous that day that we can not, because most fishermen on theIsland said they were not in Dorado, but it was decided that we would get one - at least.

So it began. The water inside the barrier was quiet and a beautiful turquoise blue color as we could, together, see the bottom, because we were only about 3 to 4 feet of water crashed. We had heard that crossing the barrier a little 'mad to be under the sea that day, but it seemed pretty quiet where we were when we got up, it was relatively quiet with only the wavesCome on over 4 meters. No problem. And 'here that has changed - now over the barrier the water was a different shade of blue, it suddenly becomes much deeper. Now we are deeply troubled by a sudden wave of sapphire blue. It 'was truly breathtaking - sometimes you could see the waves of this beautiful bright blue flash only at the tips. The wind had picked up this afternoon and we were a bumpy ride. This is about the point where I discovered that they are prone to seasickness. I was notexpects that these were generally limited to the amount of time I spent on different ships, but these waves are different from what I was used. Captain J. went to shoot high-speed proposal proposal to get rid of me, that horrible feeling. I'm not really bad, but I was very sick and it really started to happen only when we started trolling for fish. Captain J. was also prone to motion sickness, when he began fishing, so he knew all the tricks. I was a goodListener and tried absolutely everything he threw at me. None of this seemed to work, and even if they are sick, there was not much fun for the first part of the trip. I hung there, hoping that it can only get better and maybe something would work too soon. When I was on the side of the boat turning various shades of green were my brother and help the mother of Captain J. look at the line for a fish hook. Only once we had a solitary bird hovering in the sky identified and resolved,lines in the water.

If you have never driven before in water is a slightly rough feel very strange. A slow, steady, up and down the rocks to all of you on the ship. And 'much different than moving along in the same water at a rate of escalation - this is more a bouncy castle, driving pleasure. In any case, we were trolling, as it looked - back for hours, but actually only took about 20 minutes and one of the lines - for me. "Fish on the line!" was the cry of war. Suddenly Iforgot all about not feeling well and the excitement level on the boat skyrocketed. Me, my brother and my mom were all fishing novices and so Capt. J. was yelling out orders which we all tried to follow as closely as we could. My job was to grab the wheel and keep the boat with the birds so we didn't lose the school of fish if this one happened to get off the line. Capt. J. yelled at Charlie next to get ready to take the line - he would get to try for the first fish that day. Capt. J. could say this was a big fish, so he shouted at me to grab this belt special lever (the rod goes into a small pocket on the front of the belt, so that the person, the fish wrapped in more influence for larger fish may have). I grabbed the belt and put it around her waist, Charlie. Captain J. could say that we had, in fact, put a Dorado, which happens to catch the fish very popular, so it is very lively and really did not want was to lose the fish, but also wanted to give us the opportunity tosay we have taken. Charlie was struggling like crazy with this fish - it was a struggle, and beads of sweat dripping from his forehead. After about 15 minutes of struggling with this fish, I knew as very disappointing, would lose a fish after fighting so hard with him. Captain Charlie J. shouted to ensure that the bar was raised, but in the end, after about 35 minutes fighting the fish there was, came off the hook and swam away. There was a unanimous cry of allon the boat and the wind was taken out of the sails. We were all totally depressed. After a little 'comfort and reflection on what went wrong, we have lines in the water again. We had a hook, so there are others out there.

Sure enough later that day after exercise our eyes to these birds, which seemed tiny dots blacks on sight on the horizon, we were flying around a few more. Captain J. hit the gas, and we went straight to the birds. As soon as we got closer, we saw thatthree or four wheels all of low water so we knew we had to win the jackpot. I took the wheel again and we have lines in the water as quickly as possible trolls. This time I just need to follow these birds around - I flew wherever they direct. It 'been fun and I was sick for hours. This time it was not long until one of us has seen the line snap back and yells "Fish on!" Captain Charlie J. gave the rod back up a second time to try. This time he got the fish closeBoat - is an absolutely beautiful fish with bright yellow, blue and green - we could see it coming close and then try to run quickly away from the boat. These fish do not fight much longer, but before arriving, he decided to try going under the boat, behind the boat and so far from her as he could, so there was some maneuvering to do to ensure that they had not the 'on. After about 20 minutes she was ready to fight and grabbed the gaff Captain J., to get the fish into the boat.There it was - a magnificent fish on our boat. It was the strangest thing though - she turned a blue and white color once she stopped struggling. It was a little sad, but we would be having a feast that night.

My brother was ecstatic. It was his first big fish and it was huge - she weighed in at 38 lbs. For a Dorado this is considered large. Once we got on the dock the camera was out and we were taking as many pictures as possible. Everyone at the dock was thoroughly impressed and they were all wondering where they had taken and in general to watch the show. Captain J. went to the fish, clean and I clean my mother and my brother cleaned the boat auctions. It 'been a joint effort by all and it went fast. Captain J. choice of cut pieces of fish meat from the bones, only what you eat marinated in lime juice, and then also cut tenderloin, and grilled fresh at a local restaurant planned for our dinner. The rest of theFish has been used as well, a woman has taken the place of the head and the rest of the race, the wait is cleaning the table for all the wreckage that might have eaten.

I cleaned the sushi and meat obtained in lime juice with a little 'pepper lemon - we put in the fridge in the hotel and then they all have their own shower. After about an hour, we met again to eat our sushi appetizer - it was one of the best culinary experiences in my entire life. It 'was so good - the meatjust melted in my mouth, now I knew what fresh mahi mahi taste right off the bone. It was delicious. I was not aware that the fish in water is called a paradise, but when you have to eat meat as mahi mahi. I knew I had mahi mahi, but just did not know what it looked like the fish came. We went to Elvie kitchen in San Pedro that evening with a bag of fresh fish fillets to roast and educated half black and half. We all agree that the version was drawn up by farand we think of ourselves completely encased in thinking about the trip. It 'was an incredible day and night. He could not eat all the threads that have brought so we gave our fish was fried, the bartender at the hotel we were - The Tides resort.

Of course we had to go that night and check the night life with my brother. There was not much going on, because it was the beginning of the week, but we found a bar, live music was played, and we sat at the bar for afew drinks. We did not stay out too late because we had another full day of fishing the following morning. This time I wanted to be your turn.

The next morning we went through the same routine out on the dock. We were all quickly learn how to tie different knots and learn the ins and outs of the fishing boat. We were in search of new bird. This time I tried the sea sickness, what to avoid now. I did not want to go into the hull, I did not just sit in one place - in fact I found thatthe best thing to do for me hanging from the side of the boat. In this way, I'm really focused on not falling, rather than the movement of the boat. It worked like a charm. Unfortunately we did not find the birds all morning so we took a lunch break and went for a snorkel Turneffe - I'm going to write the snorkeling trip to another entry, since they have a long period. After snorkeling - it was amazing, among others - we returned to look for birds. This time,Around the same time as the previous day (late afternoon) we saw a flock of diving for fish, so we got the lines again.

Most details are the same, but this time it was my turn to catch the fish. We had another Dorado and this time it was more dependent. You could tell by the shape of her head that there was a policeman. Yes! I had a chance to outdo my brother - sister and what not from this dream. Captain J. gave me the line this time with the belt. The first edition quickly became clearwhen the tape was too large for my hips. I needed the extra leverage - it was a big fish. So instead I had to try to chase the fish around and sit on the boat to the other requirements. It was a tough fight - the hardest arm workout in the weight room did not produce the burn that currently feel pulsing while both arms. I felt like she always weak, but I have a hard time - I was determined to get the fish to the boat. He came close and we all started to see him at the topwater, but then it would be a bit 'in my arms, and he would take the opportunity to run again - we played the game, it seemed hours but was probably about 20 minutes. At one point I had to take a break, so I handed the baton to the captain a little '. I shook my arms and shoulders and then went on the bar - he was behind me helps me a little '. Finally, when I felt like my arms would fall from the fish decided to stop fighting. I was so happy because Ithink, after about 3 minutes I was forced to quit. But I had - I was the winner this time. Captain J. grasped its peak and returned the fish to the boat. He was huge - weighing 43 pounds so I started officially the biggest fish on this trip. We had about 4 miles to take driving, and it was worth it.

We followed the same protocol at night and had another feast of sushi and blackened mahi mahi on Elvie kitchen. There was aThe experience and an unforgettable journey. I think it really can be a thing as beginner's luck. These are invaluable experiences that make Belize.


Dorado Fishing in San Pedro - A girl's first experience of fishing in Belize

!8!# 5 Top Juicers Yamaha Ypg 535 Reviews Sale Off




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links